Friday, May 13, 2011

Business or Pleasure? 5 Tips When Traveling for Work...

This last week, I was in Indianapolis for work conventions & learned a great deal of how & what to pack to be a bit more comfortable for next time.  Unfortunately, I learned the hard way... you do not have to if you follow these 5 simple tricks!!

1. Invest in a Comfortable, yet fashionable Heel.
I have searched & searched & I refuse to have all my suits tailored JUST to wear a flat shoe in order to be comfortable.  I refuse to part with my love for high heels, but fact of the matter is, I needed a heel that I would be comfortable in for 12+ hours at these work conventions!  I finally stumbled upon the brand Sofft & instantly fell in love!  Comfortable & decently still fashionable... a MUST for all you stylish working women...



2. Made for Heels: Ball of Foot Cushions
Even when I thought I found the working woman's shoe God (Sofft)... I still wish I had a little more cushion when I was standing at the convention all day, walking to meetings & dinners, & even sitting in on training sessions!  Invest in a pair, you will not be disappointed...

3. A Healthy Pick-Me-Up Snack
When I attended this last convention, my schedule was so packed, there was barely enough time to sleep, much less eat!  In order to avoid binge eating after a long day of starving, I wish I had packed a healthy snack in my purse to hold me over throughout the day.  I am obsessed with these new Granola Thins because they are thin & easy to throw in my bag & are a quick jolt of renewed energy...


4. Under Arm Garment Shields:
Oh boy, coming from cold, wet, rainy MN to hot, humid, sticky Indianapolis... I was not prepared for the heat & needless to say, these protective shields would have been much more helpful than feeling insecure & frankly, stinky.  Don't ruin the hundreds of dollars you have invested in finding those immaculate suits tailored perfectly to your body!  Grab a box of these shields & go on working hard per usual...


5. Oil Blotting Papers
In the professional world, a greasy face & bad breath are my 2 biggest pet peeves! Ladies, you work so hard on staying up on the newest styles of make-up applications & spend so much money to get the right make-up that looks best on you... don't ruin it by having an oily face!  If you're traveling a lot for work, it is bound to happen! Keep these in your purse & blot when you feel a bit sticky! It keeps your make-up looking pristine & you feeling confident...

ok so basically, you all learned that I pretty much just had sore feet the entire convention & apparently sweat a lot?!  But I hope these help when packing for your next big work trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment