Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year! New What I'm Loving Right Now...


Welcome to 2012! Another year set to fulfill high expectations of inspiring others...



Do you set resolutions each year? 


One of my main goals is to get back to blogging for you little pretties!!  What better way to start off my first 2012 post than with, What I am Loving Right Now 2012 Edition...

1. Mixing my Golds & Silvers
I do love adhering to traditional style faux pas- but this my friends, is certainly not one of them!  Stacks of gold & silver is not only charming, but entirely fresh & chic...


2. Crochet Dresses
As you will see in the upcoming weeks, my inner haute hippy prevails with my adoration for all things lace & crochet.  The best part about crochet is that it is can be played down for fun & flirty, as well as played up as professional & classy. I must say, do invest in crochet...


3. Pops of Pink
(Clearly my love for crochet continues...) But play around with crochet & colors without feeling like you're stuck in the 70's (hey! I personally loved the 70's style).  If you're daring, try the look with neutrals & simple features- i.e.. simple wedge booties, cream button down boyfriend top, minimal jewelry, etc...


4. Skinny Pleats Maxi Skirt
I recently splurged on an Anthroplogie long, skinny pleated, green, maxi skirt & it was so worth every penny!  Not only are maxi skirts perfect for spring, I'm finding many ways to make mine versatile for winter too! Pair yours with wedge ankle booties & a long sleeve simple top fixed with a chunky scarf & you've easily made your new maxi skirt multi-seasonal...


5. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil, Coconut Oil, Coconut Oil!! My latest & greatest obsession that has virtually nothing to do with fashion!  I have been reading everywhere about this stuff & I finally gave it a go & I cannot believe I've gone 23 years without this stuff!  The many different uses are incredible.  If this intrigues you- keep reading, if not, move on to #6! First, I bought mine for $9.00 at Whole Foods- there are some for $30+ & I have never read anything specific with the more expensive so stick with the $9.00.  You will want Unrefined Raw Coconut Oil (it comes in a jar the same size as pasta sauce). Buy more than 1, they are hardly staying on the shelves, & you will not regret it!  So, naturally, I start by using mine for my morning shakes- I put, 2 Tbls of Coconut Oil, 4-5 Ice Cubes, Vanilla Greek Yogurt, & fresh bananas & strawberries... blend & enjoy! Not only does it add a bit of Coconut Flavor, it also acts as a natural energy for your body.  I have not desired/needed a coffee in the morning since! Next, (my favorite use) I use it on my skin!  It is by far the best make-up remover that I have every used. I rub it all over my entire face & continue to rinse until theres not a thick layer of oil.  My skin has never felt more moisturized, yet taut.  My fine lines are much less noticeable as well as my lashes are more full & lengthy! I swear this is a miracle cream.  



6. Emerald Accessories 
My love for jade continue to grow, but in a deeper darker direction!  I have seen pops of emerald all over the runway & it looks equally as appealing in person!  Try this color trend in accessories with navy & peach attire...


7. Over the Knee Boots
When done correctly, this look can be very stylish & clean.  Automatically you think Julia Roberts-Pretty Woman, when you think thigh high boots, but keep the amount of skin showing minimal & the style ends up being very chic! I purchased my first over the knee boot this winter & I've worn them with denim jeggings, black leggings, as well as opaque tights & high stockings...


8. Unique Weddings
I have 7, yes, 7 weddings in 2012 & a few are of my closest & dearest friends.  I have loved being a part of the months leading up to their special day & the most fabulous part has been how uniquely special all of the brides ideas are coming together! Very inspiring to be a part of & see so many fine details go into a day shared of love...


9. J.Crew Spring 2012
Warning! If your bank account is dwindling & you're a shop-o-holic... Do Not Look Now!  J.Crew wow'd me when I stepped into their stores post Christmas Chaos.  Their spring colors are phenomenal & they truly test your skills in not purchasing the entire store.  Go to J.Crew & walk around in their fantasy rainbow filled with creative goodness...


10. Mind Body Soul
For 2012, I have really dedicated myself to my practice & to transform my Mind, Body, & Soul.  So far it has been blissful & I cannot wait to share with you all what I have learned along the way...


So whatever your perception is about resolutions, do 1 thing for me...


Cheers to a New Year Friends!

xo, kl

No comments:

Post a Comment