Thursday, January 12, 2012

Drab to Fab with Color Pops...


Without jinxing it, I will admit we have had a pretty do-able winter so far here in MN! Earlier this week it peaked at 50 degrees, which is unheard of in January, but so very much appreciated.  Not only has the temperature been fabulous, but we have had beautiful sunshine filled days! ... Until today- with a dramatic drop to 7 degrees & dreary.  I'm a fan of color & bright & shiny & did I mention color?  So on dreadfully cold & overcast days like today, I made it imperative to add pops of color to my life...


Most leave their brights for spring & summer, but I could not disagree more!  Color pops are perfect for spicing up bland neutral winter colors...


The easiest way is to begin with accessories!  Do not pack away that perfectly chic Tiffany Blue gold chain bag for summer- spruce up your winter look with it...


I think in MN, most women eat, sleep, & breath in scarves daily!  They have become a staple item in many women's wardrobes! While color blocking was a fun trend to try last summer, bring the trend back alive by pairing your brightest scarf with your boldest knit sweater...


Another way to incorporate va-va-voom into a dreary outfit is with simple pops of color in your jewelry!  As you all know, I am a huge fan of chunky necklaces, & this my friends- is a trend that is very multi-seasonal...


Like I mentioned yesterday, J.Crew has some pretty amazing finds right now in their juicy color palette full of wonderfulness.  Including some great colored cigarette pants!  Perfect for that casual dress day at work- especially one needing a color pop...


Here are a few of my favorite Color Pop Accessories that add life to any poor weather day...

{Kate Spade Clutch}


{Nordstrom Brand Scarf}



{Nixon Watch}


{Kendra Scott Earrings}


{Pink Mascara Necklace}


{Kate Spade Cocktail Ring}


{Tory Burch Flats}


{Alexis Bittar Bangles}


2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I've been feeling the need to add some color to my life; this was great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, love your blog - an invite to look at www.capriliciousjewellery.com - colour and statement necklaces galore,very much in your style
    hope you have a moment to take a peek

    ReplyDelete